Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The First 5 Weeks



I was in the shower one morning, which is TMI, and I was thinking about all of the little things that we have learned about Joshua during his first 5 weeks. And I realized that 5 more weeks from now, I won't remember some of this stuff. And 5 years from now, I won't remember most of it. So I guess that this "blog" will not only keep all you out there who care up-to-date on our little J-Bird, but it will also serve as a diary of sorts for us. Because I certainly don't want to forget the way he sounded like a little bird the first few days when he cried. I want to remember our early concerns about his weight, his hearing, and a heart murmur, and I want to remember our joy when we learned that none of those things was an issue. Five years from now, when he is doing amazing things, I want to remember how proud I was of him that he was holding his head up strong at 3-4 weeks. I want to remember his favorite things, like mommy's praise team CD, "The Bubble Show", and 110 degree heat. And I want to remember how I thank God every day that Brenda and I could be blessed with such a perfect child, and how I can't remember what it was like when he wasn't around.


No comments: