Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sleeping in Class

J-Bird started daycare on Wednesday, and Mommy went back to work too. Both of 'em did great! Brenda is very happy to be back at a job she loves, and she is still able to spend a good chunk of the day with Joshua as well. Joshua, well, I don't know if he notices much of a difference. Apparently he has slept through most of his first 2 days at daycare, so I guess that means he likes it, or is at least very comfortable there. It has been cool to spend a good chunk of time with him in the mornings, because that is when he is happy, quiet, and alert (a great combination!).

God continues to show Himself in little ways too. When I dropped Joshua off this morning, I forgot to tell him "I Love You". Since I forgot to do that on his first day as well, I had this thought in the back of my mind that the teachers would be judging me a little bit or whatever... silly and stupid, I know. But apparently when Brenda picked him up today, one of them commented on how proud of a papa I am. Just a little encouraging boost from the Big Daddy, reminding me that I am doing a good job, and shouldn't be so harsh on myself.

No comments: