Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm Gonna Get You!

Ben has been mobile for a while now, scooting himself to wherever he had enough motivation to scoot. Tonight I realized just how mobile he is. I couldn't get away from the kid! Everywhere I went, there he was. If I was doing puzzles with Joshua, there he was. If we moved over to the couch (all the way across the room), there he'd be. Over by the fireplace? Oh, there he is too. It was cracking me up. I felt like he was chasing me all over the house! So we made a game out of it. I don't think there was an inch of the living room that didn't see his tummy!

We've noticed over the last week or so that he has been working really hard on getting up on his knees, and in the last few days we've caught him up on his knees and rocking, like he was trying to figure out how to make all of the parts work together to crawl, so I'm sure it will just be a matter of time until he really is everywhere. In the meantime, this scooting maneuver he's got is pretty efficient. He even decided to go exploring in the kitchen over the weekend, scooting from one doorway all the way to another (from the play area to the pantry for those that are familiar with our house). He's starting to realize that he can go check things out. Glad we're already baby proofed!

Ben has also discovered how much he loves to stand, so whenever he is next to me, he pulls himself up. He's not quite to the point of pulling himself up on the furniture since he hasn't yet mastered getting himself into a sitting position from his tummy (that first time seems to have been a fluke), but he can pull himself up on Mommy like a champ.

He goes for his 9 month check up tomorrow, so I'll post again with all the stats!

No comments: