Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter 2010

It's easy to get caught up in all the fun of Easter, with the eggs, and chocolate bunnies. But this year, I felt the impact of the true meaning of Easter more than ever before. Maybe it was the incredibly joyful and powerful songs we sang at church Easter weekend (I was able to participate in 4 of the 6 services, and each time the songs touched my heart so deeply, I couldn't help but smile so big my cheeks were sore!), or the fact that we spent Good Friday watching The Passion of the Christ with our small group, really bringing to life the incredible suffering endured out of pure love, and the awesome power of the Resurrection. Whatever it was, this year I could definitely feel the Holy Spirit moving within me in pure celebration than ever before, and it was awesome!

But of course we did have lots of the traditional Easter fun as well! Our Easter festivities lasted the whole weekend long. On Saturday we colored our eggs...

... and made our annual Easter sugar cookies. The boys have gotten quite good at cookie decorating! Too bad I didn't get any pictures of them!

On Sunday afternoon Grandma and Grandpa B came over for dinner. The kids got their Easter baskets, did their Easter egg hunt and we grilled out some yummy steaks.


And of course Joshua had to round out the evening playing the Wii with Grandma! What a fun weekend! Happy Easter!

No comments: