Monday, January 26, 2009

Done!

At just 2 days shy of 7 months, I have finally settled my accident claim. Thank goodness that is behind us! I am pretty proud of myself though. I handled the whole thing by myself, and negotiated with them pretty agressively, and was able to settle for just $63 less than my goal. The check should be in the mail today. All in all, I was very fortunate to not have any real lasting affects from my injuries. And I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed playing the game with the insurance company. They treated me more like they would treat a lawyer than any Joe Schmoe handling their claim, which helped. Not that I gave them much of a choice. I made it pretty clear to them from the get go that I knew my stuff and that they didn't intimidate me. I am happy with my settlement and so thankful that it is all over!

2 comments:

OurCarsAndCops said...

wow only 7 months? ours took almost 2 years...your lucky. then again ours was a lot more complex and had to deal with hospitals and other crap too. Consider yourself lucky!

Lea said...

What a nightmare! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't, but if I ever have to deal with that, I'm definitely going to ask you for advice. Go you!