Monday, July 26, 2010

In Case

I have been meaning to blog about this for quite a while, but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm not even sure what to say about it, or how to decribe it, so forgive me if this makes absolutely no sense. I just had to record this so that we would never forget, because it amuses us so.

Over the last couple of months, Joshua has been using the term "in case" a lot. And what's so funny about it is that he has NO IDEA what it means, so he uses it in the complete wrong context. Every time. For instance, he was opening one of his dresser drawers and pulled too hard, causing the drawer to come all the way out. Joshua's response: "In case the drawer fell out." He can also use it instead of saying something like "at least". Like this morning when he was putting on his clothes, he swung his jammy shirt around like a lasso and then threw it across the room, just being silly. I'm sure I gave him kind of a disapproving look, and he said "In case it didn't hit you."

We don't feel the need to correct him. I know one day he'll figure out what it really means and use it properly, but until then, we are going to just enjoy this one. In case I love this kid!

2 comments:

Jen said...

CUTE! Where do they come up with this stuff?

Jen said...

That is so adorable. Get it on video too if you can!!! Priceless footage at a future high school graduation party or something?!