Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's a Small World After All

Last night I was bored and monkeying around on Facebook when I decided to flip through the pages of people I had graduted high school with to see if there were any other old friends out there that I hadn't been in contact with. In looking through the old familiar names, I ran across one that I recognized outside of high school. Her name is Danna, which jumped out to me because of the unusual spelling. I thought to myself, that's how Ben's preschool teacher spells her name. So I clicked on the page and discovered that I had in fact graduated with Ben's preschool teacher and have had no idea all year. We never had any classes together and didn't know each other, but it was so funny to see that we had attended high school together. That's what I love about Facebook. You just never know who you're going to find... or who will find you.

Sometimes however, Facebook seems to know a little TOO much. I was checking my page the other day and saw that Facebook was suggesting that I add a friend. Usually it does this if it sees that a couple of your friends knows the same person so they think you might know them too. But the person it was suggesting to me is an ex-boyfriend of mine from like 11 years ago. We didn't go to the same high school, we don't have any common friends, nothing on Facebook should link us together. But there he was under the People You May Know section. Makes me wonder what else it knows about me... Get out of my head, Facebook!

No comments: