Saturday, October 03, 2009

More Adventures in Cake Decorating

My best friend, Gabrielle, is just about to have her 4th child and so today we had a baby shower for her. In light of the occasion, I decided to dive a little deeper into my hobby of cake decorating and try some new techniques for her baby shower cake. I had originally planned to make some marshmallow fondant, but then I heard about something called Plastic Chocolateand thought it sounded even better! I found the design for the cake online and put it all together this morning. I need a bit more practice working with it, but it turned out pretty good for my first try.


The bottom tier was white cake and the top was chocolate, and both tiers had a cherry filling. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so I would say my first attempt at decorating plastic chocolate was a success. I will definitely use this again!

No comments: