Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Well, I did it. I accepted a new job. It was a long and agonizing process and decision, but I feel in my heart that this is the path that God is leading me down, and I am so excited to see what He has in store for me. I have been at my present firm for the last 5 1/2 years, and have made some life-long friends there. Because of the partners there, my family was blessed enough for me to be able to work a part time schedule after Joshua was born. Now that Ben is here and we're paying double the daycare the ends just quite haven't been meeting as comfortably as we would like, and now it looks like one of our vehicles is on its last leg, so there's another expense we really can't afford the way things are. So it was time for me to make a move. I have been feeling the winds of change for quite some time, but I did not feel any prompting to act on anything. Then, as the year ended and we started to look forward into the new one, I felt that little nudge that I should get out there and start making my move.

This past Friday, I had an interview with a sole practitioner who works in real estate transactions and commercial litigation. He is a really nice guy. I was talking to him for more than 2 hours. There are so many perks to this job. He is super flexible with hours, so I can still come in early and be done by 4:00. He has offered me a salary that his higher than what my current full time salary would be, plus frequent bonuses for my billable time, which could bring in roughly $10,000 more per year on top of my salary, which is huge for us. Right now his office is at 44th and Thomas, but he is going to be moving in the next few months down to the Biltmore area, which is close enough to daycare and Andrew's office that we could carpool, saving us probably $150 to $200 per month, plus wear and tear on our cars. Funny thing is, he is looking for space in the same building where my current firm is. I spoke with him again the other, and he is genuinely excited for me to come and work for him.

I officially gave my notice to my boss on Thursday, which was really hard. Cried like a baby! Although he can frustrate me to no end, we have had a really good working relationship over the last 5+ years, and I knew he was not going to be happy to see me go. But he was very gracious about the whole thing, and made sure to tell me how much he has appreciated everything I have done for him.

It's so hard to make these life changing decisions. But I feel as though God knew my heart, and knew that I only wanted what He wanted for me, and I feel like He has blessed me for my faithfulness. I have been around long enough to know that His plans are better than mine, and I have learned to trust Him. Thank you to everyone for your prayers while I have been on this journey. Your continued prayers for a smooth transition would also be greatly appreciated. I am really excited to see what is around the bend!

No comments: