Thursday, March 20, 2008

The End of One Journey, and the Beginning of Another

What a time of transition it is right now! Friday was my last day at Bohm & Jones, the place where I have spent part of every day for the last 5 1/2 years. It was hard to say goodbye to so many people that I love. I worked with most of them for so long, they began to feel like family! Some of my favorite memories are: not burning Laura's lunch and getting yelled at for it; Cindy believing her home phone was bugged so she took the front office phone home with her at night; Liberty... need I say more???; "There were 2 reasons for that", "I'm having too much fun"; Christmas parties (after the attorney had a few cocktails in them); and I know there are many many more that I'm forgetting (Hey BoJoers, if you read this, leave me a comment with some of the good ones I'm spacing on!)

Yesterday I started my new job. My new boss, Rick, is a really nice guy. The first thing he said to me yesterday was "I am SO HAPPY that you're here!" That's nice to hear from your boss! Most of the day was just set up, but I also was able to dive into some trial prep for a trial coming up on Friday. This is my first experience billing my time, but in 2 days, I was able to bill 5 hours. Not too bad, I'd say! I also was able to show him a nifty tool in Outlook to save your e-mails as PDF's (thanks B&J for teaching me that one!) He was really excited about that and decided to make that how we save e-mails from now on. As I was leaving on that first day, the last thing he said to me was "I am SO HAPPY you're here, I can't even tell you!" Well, I'm glad he was still thinking that at the end of the day! Things are kind of getting off to a slow start, but that's to be expected in this kind of position. I have a lot to learn, as I have never done this kind of law before. But I'm sure I'll be able to stay busier in a couple weeks once I start getting the hang of everything.

In addition to my own transition, the kids are now adjusting to full time daycare. We have been so blessed over the last 2.5 years to be able to only have them in daycare part time, but we are at peace with the decision, and they really don't seem to care. I think Josh might prefer it! He is having a hard time adjusting to a slightly modified sleep schedule, but he did better today, so I think we're on our way!

Hopefully this job will work out for a while... at least until Josh is in kindergarten. Then I would lke to find something closer to home... but that's a ways off. But for anyone that knows me, I'm a huge planner! But it is still feeling like this was the right move for me, so off I go to where God leads. I wonder what he's got in store for me!

No comments: