Saturday, July 05, 2008

Big Boy Food!

I am so tired of buying baby food. They overtake my pantry, they're expensive and now that Ben is eating Stage 3's, there is very little selection. So I am now a woman on a mission. My mission, and I have chosen to accept it, is to have Ben totally off of baby food by his 1st birthday in 5 weeks. So far, we're doing really well. I think I have only fed him about 3 jars of baby food in the last week. He's still eating it at school, but our options there are limited, so we'll work on that one later. But at home, he's loving his new menu. I've decided that I'm going to just start giving him whatever we're eating. The first 2 nights, he had meatloaf and au gratin potatoes. He was in heaven, eating the whole thing! He's also eating grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, cut up fruit, crackers, he even got to enjoy his first hot dog on the 4th of July. I hope to be able to introduce a wide array of foods to him and try to bypass some of the pickiness I (unbeknown to me at the time) helped to create in Joshua. Ben seems to be all about food (he gets that from his Mama) so I think we're looking good!

No comments: