Monday, March 30, 2009

Flat Stanley

Over the weekend, the boys and I went with my dear friend Julie up to Montezuma's Castle and Sedona. Julie invited us to go so that we could take some pictures with Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley was sent to her from a little girl from North Carolina who is in 1st or 2nd Grade and wanted to learn some things about Arizona. Of course Julie planned on taking pictures of Flat Stanley with a cactus, a cowboy hat, and other things that are synonomous with Arizona, but she (always being the over achiever) wanted to send her some pictures of something a little out of the ordinary, hence the trip to an ancient native american dwelling carved into the side of a mountain!

It took us about an hour and a half to get there, and along the way Josh and Ben became good friends with Julie, making up games involving stealing shoes. I hadn't been to Montezuma's Castle since I was a kid. I think Josh was a little young to understand what exactly it all meant, but he did think the thing on the mountain was pretty cool. After our history lesson, and Josh taking TONS of pictures of random people and trees, we headed up to Sedona for lunch. The weather was beautiful, and of course I was so destracted with the kids that I didn't take any pictures while we were there! But take my word for it that Sedona is a must see in your lifetime! After lunch we headed home. It was a great way to spend a Saturday... and I think Daddy (who got to enjoy the day at home fiddling around and relaxing all by himself) would definitely agree!

No comments: