Thursday, March 12, 2009

Words, Words, Words!

Ben seems to be close to hitting the "word explosion" that toddlers go through. It seems as though he's spouting off a new word every day! I've been wanting to post some of his words so that in a few years we can look back and remember this fun stage! Here, in no particular order are some of Ben's favorite words:

Nana = Banana. This kid loves bananas so it's no surprise he learned this one so quickly!
Shoe
Na-n = Mommy. Don't ask me why.
Daddy
Joshua
Doggie - and he'll sometimes say Copper, too
Up
Down
Out
Ho = Help - this is one of my favorites! If he's having trouble doing something, he'll look at you and say ho-ho-ho, and his mouth is so animated about it. Love it!
sesast = breakfast.
Dite = light
Uh-oh
cheese
sees = Please
da-chu = Thank you
Hello = telephone. He picks up any phone he can find, puts it to his ear and says "Hello!"
Bubble
Hi!
Ball
tractor
tissue
doctor
yes
yeah
bench
kitty
fishy
towel
window
glasses
Moooooo cow
Lots of animal sounds

I know there are tons more that I am blanking on right now. But you get the idea. He is very much NOT the Silent Bob his big brother was at this age. This morning he surprised me by putting two words together, which is something he hasn't really done before. After he was done with breakfast, he started pulling at the straps on his booster seat and said "Want out." When I repeated back to him "you want out?" he replies "Yeah." That's the first time we have had such a dialog. Very exciting!

1 comment:

heather said...

I don't see 'Aislinn' on his list of words.. hmmmm ;-)