Friday, August 21, 2009

My Wisdom is Gone

I FINALLY got my wisdom teeth out today. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds, thankfully. I only had them on top, and they had both come through about 6 years ago so really it was just pulling teeth. I didn't have to be knocked out so I was able to drive myself to and from my appointment, and actually be functional the rest of the day.

On my way to my appointment I was driving down Guadalupe Road, paying more attention to my music than to my speed, when I noticed a Tempe police officer lurking in the Marcos De Niza parking lot. I noticed my speed, albeit to late, and slowed down anyway, but of course, here he came behind me, lights flashing. When he came up to me he asked if I knew why he had pulled me over and I told him that I hadn't noticed that the speed limit had changed at the high school, and that I wasn't familiar with the area (I never go to Tempe). He took my information and I was sure I was going to get a ticket. Speeding through a school zone, even accidentally, is usually not something that is easily overlooked. He asked me where I was going, and when I told him the oral surgeon, I think he took pity on me. I got off with a warning! That's awesome. I've never gotten a warning. The few times I've been lucky enough to get pulled over I've ended up with a "driving award." So I was very thankful.

My doctor appointment took all of 10 minutes. I got some topical numbing gel, 4 shots of Novocaine (which was by far the worst part of the experience) and then the teeth were yanked out without my having any idea. I thought she was just fiddling with them getting ready to let me have it, but then they stuffed my mouth with gauze and sent me on my way. So now I'll have a few days of a soft food diet and hopefully I'll be good as new. Just hoping I don't join the ranks of the people with horror stories of dry sockets! I think I'll go have some ice cream.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, this sounds like it was so much easier than my experience! yay for you! :) Hope your recovery weekend is filled with yummy ice cream, jello & soup! :)