Monday, August 03, 2009

Pumpkins in Bloom

We finally are getting some flowers blooming on our pumpkins. They are very pretty brightly colored flowers. We found our first flowers on Saturday, and have had 2-3 new flowers open every day since. Check them out!



We still only have the male flowers going strong. The girls didn't make it, as I suspected might happen. I trimmed the garden back this weekend, so I'm hoping that will stimulate some new growth, and some female flowers so we can get some pumpkins going. If we can get even one, I'll be happy. No flowers open yet on the butternut squash, but there are a few that look like they're getting close. Hopefully we'll see some flowers opening there in the next week or two. You can bet there will be pictures as soon as we have one!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so impressed with your gardening skills. How do you have the time???